Monday, August 15, 2011

The Classroom


One thing I have learned in my life is that I am never out the The Classroom.  I learn something new every day, and sometimes I have to learn the same thing over -- maybe over and over and over!  I have spent way more than half my life teaching others, and have always been a learner in the process.  The best way to learn something is to have to teach it -- that applies to many different skills, academic content, and life lessons.  Often in my teaching I would discover that the character qualities and behaviors I found most frustrating in my students were the very same things God had been working on in me.  Not listening too well comes to mind.  And impatience.  And overreacting, critical thinking, and on and on the list can go. 
This blog has been going to happen for decades.  I just had such a hard time putting my deepest, most private thoughts on paper, where they become vulnerable to the scrutiny of others.  But the prompting has become too strong, and the purpose too clear.  So, I hope to have many posts in the future, as I share my world and heart and faith with you.
Blessings!
Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment